Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blogging?

Well i seriously lagged on this, but at least i'm doing it.

Well, apparently Fardad wants us to blog eh? Why? who knows but its worth marks! So, i have an awfully decision between ranting this whole blog thing or just go straight to what I've learned in Fardad's class, which is quite a lot of............ review!

Anywho, today, Fardad discussed about pointers! He showed us the deeper meaning of why pointers are being used and how efficient it is. I have several notes that i copied down of todays lesson and I guess i can summarize of what does what.

int pointer p; or char pointer c; // Variables pointer = *
p = &b;
p = Addressof b; p = 20
//^He mentioned in class that ampersand b means exactly the Addressof b.

/* b = 5000; */
wherePispointingto = 5000;
*p = 5000;

//^Also with asterisk p it just simply means where P is point to.

Always do int* p;
// ^I forgot why Fardad wanted us to do this, I guess it makes him feel big? haha I joke I joke.
// I assume ( ass-u-me ) that its because if you did add more pointers with in one data-type it
// will point itself to another pointer instead of individually having its own memory address? am //i on the right track? no?

a*b = multiplication
type* p; = pointer of this type

a**b; = a times, where b is pointing to

void* p; = checks unknown address value.

int a[10]={10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100}
print ("%d\n", *a);
Result = 10

a[3] = *(a+3) = means samething
arrays can be treated as pointer.


Well, thats all I have so, if you have any questions
Contact me @: oyoung4@learn.senecac.on.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment